Report for staff: Fact checking NarwhalsRcool's lies IMPORTANT READ

Evidence: Report for staff: Construction of a more transparent understanding of the last year

Claim 1 - False
Nar doesn’t get paid for his time in staff.

All staff who do helpmes are paid. This includes admins. Noone expects to be paid outside of the game.

Claim 2 - True
Thendil was made part of the staff team in February 2023.

However, this was not purely due to his large scale works or larger than average playtime but his experience, helpfulness with new players, timezone and staff agreeing he would be an asset to the team.

Claim 3 - False
Thendil made himself a member of the transportation team.

Thendil was appointed by Baz and this was before he became staff.

Claim 3 - False
Thendil elected himself mayor of HelloClan City and a variety of other roles.

Thendil did not elect himself. He may have helped in other roles as a staff member such as assisting and voting on airport approval requests, however it is unclear what this assertion is and appears to be trying to distort the reader’s view of Thendil.

Claim 4 - False
Thendil was removed from staff for reasons NarwhalsRcool is unaware.

Whilst technically all staff have to be removed using a command, this is a gross assertion and gives an open interpretation. Nar likes to keep logs of removals so he would be the one who usually knows. The actual reason I gave to staff for me leaving was about about Cakey’s behaviour as staff and a coordinated attack against me that he was part of. This doesn’t need relitigating but it stems from disagreements that resulted in the effective dismantling of the player-led infrastructure department .

Claim 5 - False
Thendil griefed a private highway and took advantage of the inactivity rule.

Whilst one could argue this was partially true, this has been resolved and again doesn’t include all the facts and was due to a plugin failure and an understanding of the how it calculates inactivity and the wording of the rules as they stood. The owner was not considered to be in the dept anymore and there were miscommunications over the design and intention, what was and wasn’t government owned and whether it was completed or included in the current highway regs. Thendil went to efforts to clarify how the plugin was developed due to staff not being sure. Sometimes mistake get made. Thendil worked personally to restore this and resolve the issue. Some of Thendil’s extensions to this highway were also regioned over.

Claim 6 - False
Thendil took advantage of a lack of supervision and his role in government to force his vision of things on other people.

Whilst I have my opinions and I have made points as a player for things like designs that I feel should be coordinated if part of the government network and other people coming into a department and changing designs or leaving a department and dictating designs, I have been given positions like Mayor and put in charge of departments with full reign but have stopped short of just doing what I want and dictating things like staff usually do. I have also sought to implement jobs for players, auctions and had upper staff say no and roll it back, despite this being in my purvue. It would seem like NarwhalsRcool or upper staff want players to be a Mayor or in a department but only want them to do what they want i.e. have the role that implies authority but not have the authority.

Claim7 - False
Thendil was removed from infrastructure and claimed he resigned.

I had already resigned as lead railway tech by this point 17 days previously. There is no official system for firing someone outside of a staff vote as far as I’m aware. That has been the problem with one of the issues above with an inactive player. But yes, nightemperor did decide to go out of his way to decide he would solely fire me from any remaining departments and I put a complaint in about this privately. This was due to a very unfair discussion where a connecting railway line had for over a year not secured their railway and I had that protected by government. Instead of that player asking to buy it back, they got nightemperor to strongarm me into having that rolled back, including the land I bought myself. All railways were over 200 blocks from a city and left unprotected. I just wanted to secure the line. Admins don’t like being argued with, even when they’re wrong about the rules. The rules don’t state that if you place a railway block or any other block down you automatically own the rights to it. They never registered the track with the infra dept. They just basically said I had to communicate what I was going to before hand i.e. they don’t have to but I do in order to make me the one responsible for their lack of action so I can’t take any action ever, even though when I do communicate, they don’t respond. However, I relented so it wouldn’t go to a public vote. But, if we’re using the same argument here that infra belongs to the person that created it, not the government owned region then why have they allowed the freeway to be completely yeeted??? It’s not hard to understand.

Claim 8 - False
Thendil has not been blacklisted from government departments, he has just been removed from his government roles. If this were true, how come a month later Thendil was invited to become a Dev? Although nightemperor claims he fired Thendil, this was never taken seriously and

Nightemperor not being opposed to having me in gov:

Staff discussion - no staff vote:

To Luc:

Why is staff letting this happen? Because this is how they’ve always been. First they ignore you, second they give you some responsibility thinking you have a remit or maybe you are given one, third they claim you haven’t communicated, even when they aren’t the ones to be communicated with (many conversations happen privately), fourth when they put up a brick wall and you have no recourse because they are in charge you will as any player would, complain. They then use this as an excuse to remove you from stuff. Fifth, conversations are kept separate so they can just hold a quick vote without evidence and just a one-sided point of view and then make a decision and then punish you without being presented with anything to defend. Lastly, they character assassinate you with all your past mistakes and when you try and bring it to public attention, there’s dumb players, ones that don’t read anything and jump straight to their own judgements and before long you are an outcast and they have won. This is how every dictatorship ever has run. J’accuse!

Claim 9 - False
Thendil was given the role of developer in November 2023 on good behaviour.

Thendil was invited to become a dev a month after leaving as staff, it just took a while to set up. This was regardless of any previous issues and due to my experience running a server and having some experience programming.

Claim 10 - False
Narwhals discovered Thendil had continued work on HC despite being barred from dept work

As established above, Thendil was not barred from dept work, and wasn’t removed. He actually resigned and a decision from staff to fire him was not communicated in July. Again one staff member’s being angry and trying to get me to go against what was perfectly within the rules and trying to fire me for it is not a staff decision. In March 2024 (almost a year later) this became staff policy without a reasonable chance for me to defend myself:
Luc’s forum post:

Narwhals actually decided to just come back from a long hiatus and find out from Edge incorrectly that noone was working on HC supposedly and then just started questioning me out the blue and proceeded to claim nothing was happening despite all the work I had done, some of which included roads, inactive plots, fixing lighting, sorting out terrain, adding features, developing some buildings, finding out which plots were evictable or not connections to the highway, fresh auctions, tidying up suburbs, making sure airport didn’t look like halloween at xmas or xmas in january/february etc etc etc. Remember these admins didn’t bother much with the server during this time. Nar did then seem more reasonable but being suddenly demoted without cause was a huge shock especially with all the plans I had.

“so it’s clear you are the city manager” - the demotion with no thank you

Luc then said this, which I did not see as I had gone to bed at this point, so I was still on the understanding that I was upper staff from when I was first given the role being told it was alongside upper staff. I wouldn’t have taken the role if it was lower staff in upper staff chat - but that explains why I was repeatedly ignored until when they wanted something:

On retrospect, and whether it’s to do with the timezone I don’t know, but conversations with Luc tend to end on not all things being addressed, i.e. my roles or clarified. I have taken it to mean things have been left open to they can change their mind but maybe it’s just the miscommunication all round. But not being in a position of power I am the one often blamed for communication issues for stuff that I should be allowed to be in charge of.

Claim 11 - False
Thendil had been taking advantage of the lack of communication in the staff team to gain several permissions including world edit and adding himself to several government and private regions that he was not supposed to.

In no way did Thendil get an advantage from access to permissions. All of the world editing has been purely for HC and not for me. It has long been established that world edit is allowed in gov cities, but not outside unless a serious issue i.e. wpt/chunk issues/events. I was under the false impression still that I was upper staff and as I had discussions now and then to use world edit with HC this didn’t seem a problem. I had already done so much manually work on HC, it was a relief to be able to fix some of the issues, especially when people kept changing the road block types, fixing suburbs, themed to default airport design changes - which is part of an event. However a retrospective clarification was made by Luc in a forum post.

I will continued with Part 2 soon to address some of the serious twisted comments about abusing positions, which are unfounded. So far I hope you can see why I have been unhappy with all of this.

Continued

I will also note that another member of the dev team accidentally tried to delete half the server and didnt’ receive any public humiliation or confirmation to either of us that world edit perms were only reserved for upper staff and we were not. That with me not seeing the message above didn’t change my belief at this point. Also I do recall having a conversation with multiple staff members when using world edit but its difficult to trawl through thousands of logs.

Claim 12 - True
Thendil made a mistake with world edit that required a technicians help.

This is true and mistakes happen. As mentioned, I didn’t think I was doing wrong at this point but did make a mistake in regards to world edit and explained here.

This is what happened at the time.

This is what happened the next day in staff chat:

*Now one thing I will tell you now, is all of this chat that is discussed is without asking me anything or the people I had spoken with or the understanding of my role when doing stuff.

Most importantly is that much of the changes discussed, including Ara’s plot as discussed with him was manually rebuilt. I confronted him about this and got the response:*

Roads were manually changed as part of my mayor role so that there wasn’t a single road around every side of every plot and I opted for more of a city block approach, which is my major achievement with the lack of changes I could possibly make. Much of the world edit changes were around the suburb area much later on to tidy it up. Again, not me trying to gain an advantage for myself which is what Nar is alluding to in his character assassination. This conversation made me resign as dev. I was not fired, despite a retrospective assertion by Luc.

Claim 13 - True
Thendil continued on his own highway project he approved himself when he was in charge.

Yes, I approved it and continued on it. Narwhals knows this as he allowed me to continue working under his city and occasionally asked me how it was going. Sorry but unlike you guys I tend to favour finishing a project when I start.

Claim 13 - False
Thendil had been working on this project without permission and only sought permission from a resigned admin.

Whilst it is true I had discussions with this admin and was able to get a partial refund on money spent on some blocks, I had discussions with other staff too.

For me personally this was also about developing the server as well. Whilst I wasn’t in favour of all of Cudley’s design, I was more inclined to just work towards it. It’s a feat of a design to have achieved such a big highway system without world edit might I add and it was insensitive to remove it without communication, especially as staff had favoured protecting infra, not stealing it.

Claim 14 - False
Thendil tried to unsuccessfully evict people to his advantage.

Firstly, it was part of my role as mayor, then manager to evict people. It was also to maintain standards. I gained no advantage from this so this is absurd. Most of the messages and signs were due to not having enough shop signs, unreasonably high rents and not having apartments if they didn’t have shops. There was one plot which I applied a rule that no longer applied after they had rectified part of the issue without contacting us to rectify. Some notices, especially on the front row were to remove chests and replace with barrels and weren’t subject to evictions unless upper staff were to act after requesting this, however I wasn’t willing to evict them on that basis. Anyway, Nar took action to evict the ones that ignored requests.

Claim 15 - False
Thendil’s unsuccessful attempts to evict many of the front row plot owners, likely led to his creation of several new front row plots, one of which he acquired…

The first thing I did when appointed mayor, before I evicted anyone was to revive HC. Front row was dead. There were 2 Agora plots, 1 which was being rented at an over priced rent with another Agora plot behind this that had no shop, no rented shop/apartments. SFC was long dead and had been copied to Greenfort already so I ensured this was demolished. So what I did was rebuild the disjointed park area in another part of HC and created space for multiple new plots to give new players the chance to win an auction on a plot. I set up multiple auctions to do this. Everyone had an equal chance to bid, including myself and noone else bidded on that plot. As Mayor I had the right to do my job! The truth is HelloClans revival announcement that Nar stated is a warped attempt at rewriting history as I revived it by giving players the chance to have a plot in a gov city after months and months of no auctions or hardly any from staff:

After Spider attempted to get ingentower, Luc got involved and for some reason cancelled the auction:

Claim 16 - False
Thendil gained becoming the only destination in the new HC train station by changing a historic railway that went under several private land areas to connect to his city directly.

Another blatant distortion. Thendil was the lead railway technician and also HC Mayor then Manager. He set out to find ways to connect a railway station that was in the middle of north city with tunnels entrances already built. He had little help, was being asked repeatedly to keep to a map his predecessor had created which he had no requirement to do, and that predecessor was constantly boasting about the names of the lines not yet built, despite me clarifying that I can only do what will work. I personally carved out tunnels to try to create exits where possible to connect to other cities. There just so happened to be a partially pre-built line that was previously griefed and I spoke to all the relevant mansion owners and staff to ensure the line which I extended and called historic was preserved and utilised. Bear in mind some of these private land areas regioned over this line. So I was just doing my job, which of course you don’t like anything I do. I happened to be best placed with cities along the so-called route to add. That way we could have extended from Valleyside to Narnia. I know the inclination from others is to ignore cities in the way and just rail past them, but I actually started building the line and nearly completed it for you, also completing the Snowdonia-Europa line for us. The line eventually extended to the SUD line as well so by creating one line I had been best placed to do, I managed to connect nearly every city and could have done more line. I even carved a route under a road out of suburbs to head in the other directions. But I guess you’ll think I only did that for my benefit. As if wasting my time was my benefit.

Claim 17 - False
Thendil acquired one of the larger city skyscrapers that he himself evicted months before, remarking it as historical and remodelling the surrounding area with his role as mayor.

I own three plots in HC. 1 I bought 50% from Toromboo in West HelloClan City and 2 in HC. Of the 2 in HC, I bought 1 from WhosVita as he didn’t want to develop it any further. It might have been evicted if he decided not to do anything. The other I had swapped by you because you were strongarming me into force selling my only plot in downtown HC. These were all marked as historical long before you or I got involved thank you very much.

Claim 18 - False
Thendil ignored every nearby cities like Ferron Island and Charleston, leaving huge gashes in the landscape, half demolishing buildings, carving unfinished tunnels and blatant disregarding eviction protocol.

Firstly, I spoke with Ferron and Charleston. Charleston didn’t want a bridge but was happy for a highway. Luc also recommended what was planned as seen from the screenshot above. With regards to Ferron, here’s the discussion you fool:

Whilst no doubt there was more tidying up to be done, especially with someone with access to RC connecting the road up. Some builds that were half demolished that were just scattered wild plots inactive for like years might have been previously griefed or not yet fully demolished. An extensive amount of work has been done to blend in the terrain, despite some issues with access to newly created regions by you or other staff. As for half finished tunnels, there was more to be done to make it more aesthetically pleasing, but you prevented me from doing that. You can’t throw that in my face. For all intents and purposes the highway system was complete in terms of being accessible and ridable, with the exception of RC. Some of the issues around the Narnia end have been a result of the illegal world editing Narwhals did on his own city connection, which had to be rolled back in March. Bear in mind other cities have already connected and carried on the design on a huge scale so you have affected them too.

Claim 19 - False
Thendil was removed from staff and removed because it was a bad precedent to let a player take advantage of their role for personal gain.

Thendil actually resigned not removed

As you can see from the twisted staff chat discussions above with nar egging on everyone, and trying to paint a bad picture of me, this would have resulted in further discussions as Luc then went onto make this post retrospectively firing me, which just isn’t a thing:

Thendil took no advantage whatsoever in any improper way. We can all connect to that highway if possible. we can all get a railway connection if possible. We should be able to do the jobs we are given and if you want to micro-manage us you need to make it clear.

Claim 20 - False
It was decided that while the highway system would remain, it should be reduced to follow either the old highway system standard or a more updated on.

This is misleading. From the link above, Luc advises this was preliminary and it was decided the illegal edits made by Nar would be reversed and that portion restored. Luc doesn’t highlight to players that Nar worldedited this for his own benefit when creating a new connection to the highway for his city and world editing the tunnel underneath his city that Nar had originally allowed to be made. Some of that world edit wasn’t reversed when Luc stated it had been. Nar has used some of this illegal edit to claim the highway was incomplete when it was. Luc also mentions that I didn’t follow a procedure. Firstly, I was the only person to approve and it didn’t require any further bureaucracy when I was the one to give the approval in the dept. Secondly, the procedure Luc wanted me to follow in the post is part of a procedure created after the fact so that needed clarifying, especially when Luc himself had already given his approval (see support in screenshots above) and wanted the extension to RC/HC and another the other side of RC. If he really wants me to make a ticket to ask someone else to approve something I had already approved, I’m happy to do so but Nar has already yeeted it, by the looks of it without discussion after what Luc has said about. Further developments were part of already regioned areas and so what if a staff member who is in the department regions stuff for an approved government highway. That’s not that big of a problem. You supported it too Luc before your new highway approval policy that you asked me to review before actioning. Ridiculous.

Claim 21 - False
Where are we - Luc’s post mentions government plots or private plots Thendil added himself to.

As you can see from the link above, it simply doesn’t. This is just a gross distortion of what the simple truth might be.

Claim 22 - False
Thendil made sever executive designs without approval.

Thendil was the Mayor. Thendil approved said designs. I see Narwhals has started putting out job descriptions with vague swipes at previous issues. I’m glad he’s learnt to do things properly by having a description but if he wants a lacky, just call it a manager. Don’t start claiming I didn’t have approval just because you want to parachute in and control everything and staff plans for preventing players from getting plots in gov cities never came to fruition.

Claim 23 - True

Thendil would refute several of the statements made claiming that our lack of communication with him was our own fault

You may not have been in staff at the time but there was a period where for weeks I would suggest stuff and not get a response. Sometimes I message an admin and if they don’t respond but another does I delete the message so they don’t feel they have to respond. You would not believe it but you can see from upper staff chat how inactive they were during a holiday period when player activity should be going up and a major event should have been fixed and ready to go. Got to the point I was gonna quit staff and sent this to Gurb privately.

Claim 24 - True

Thendil blocked staff on discord back in March.

Something I have addressed with Luc a while back, I didn’t appreciate the way he addresses issues with me. I find it completely demoralising for something I have cared so much about to be talked about behind my back and to have thrown at me just because of some private one-side discussions or for an official humiliating discord/forum post. This blockage resulted in Luc’s forum post, which I said to another staff member would happen and did. I blocked staff as I didn’t want them to keep going on at me. I did retain one person as unblocked who was the main contact I had that I could cope with, especially with losing so much and they had already relayed much of this so it was unnecessary to write what was written. They should have discussed it with because if they understood and were nice people they would have realised that I was misled into thinking I was upper staff. They probably wouldn’t have let me resign. They could have just demoted me back to mod if they really wished to or given me warnings but not on this occasion, 1 strike and you’re out! I’m not sure what other people were told about the dev role but the only thing I had initially was the screenshot towards the beginning of this fact check when I was offered the position of dev. I actually unblocked staff soon afterwards anyway.

Claim 25 - False

After Thendil complained and pinged several administrators, it was decided that we could instead offer Thendil the opportunity to alter the highways to better reflect the previous highway standard, or create a new standard that could be followed.

Not true, no contact was made regarding future alterations with me following the issue that resulted in the highway being rolled back. I was likely busy moving house at the time to really deal with following any after the fact approval processes so that would have been long put to the back of my mind but I would have seen some communication. As I stated to Nar regarding his world edit of part of his own city, Luc had said that was not changing. He didn’t contact me again. There were ways in game and via other people to do this. Staff always go through me to get stuff approved for the city and never seem to contact Gurb but they could have even spoken to him to allow me and Gurb to have a discussion.

Claim 26 - False

Removed plots Thendil created to reduce lag spikes.

I doubt this very much, none of the plots caused any significant lag. The requests mentioned earlier that Nar spun as evicting front rows were to replace chests as barrels which helps to do that. He just doesn’t like change. I don’t know if that’s him as a person or whether its to curry favour with certain people on the server or just to spite me but he did remove it unnecessarily and this is how he went about it (so he obviously wasn’t blocked at this point like he claimed an bear in mind I was unhappy as 4k606 was trying to sabotage my city with an illegal region and nar was unwilling to read the report which is part of staff duties to understand and vote):

something didn’t seem right when a player said he had been give a substantial 6 figure sum so i started asking others for clarification. only these responded:

then nar pretends to negotiate:

finally some sense:

The rest of Nar’s post speaks for itself, twisted garbage with just his own personal attacks, dressed up as a staff response and affirm his right to walk all over me having just wiped all my infra out.

What have I learnt from all of this?

• Too many lies to deal with.
  • Some staff will trivialise your shock and horror as a temper tantrum.
  • Some staff will use being busy with life as an acceptable excuse to carry on as staff.
  • Some players are incorrigible and will stamp on you when they know you’re at your lowest.
  • Maybe I do need to communicate more but if your boss is not willing to communicate with you it’s time to move on.
  • Inactive staff don’t see they have to communicate back even when they’re active.
  • Staff can do what it wants at the top of the pecking order
  • Know when staff is just using you or leading you into a trap.
  • Demand what your owed straight away i.e. my infrastructure salary, mats.
  • Don’t be so vain as to think you are doing something good for other people as they will just rip things up no matter how much of an improvement you made.
  • Some people want things to fail so they can say it failed and force a new server.
  • Some staff have at times an abusive relationship with lower staff and players and it’s not conducive to an environment where you enjoy gameplay.
  • Every aspect of your gameplay will be challenged as some point and support will be at arms length.
  • Tedde will never step in and fix it.

Conclusion
I will be continuing with HM to support my cities but only because of Gurb, who is the most supportive and loyal friend I have had on HM aside from my homies Pingu and Vita who are just sound lads all around. I won’t be communicating in-game unless I have a helpme so if it seems I’m ignoring you, I’m just busy building, setting city stuff up or doing stuff shop related and have chat off. Can be contactable privately by Discord. The social aspect of the game no longer appeals to me. This might change with new players and new management, time will tell.

1 Like

This is one of my favorite mario kart songs

8 Likes

Honestly, it truly saddens me that it has gotten to this point. I have been holding off on responding as I wanted to read all that has been said thoroughly, go back through conversations, review logs, all while working 40 hour weeks, taking a graduate level course in non-linear optimization methods for computing, trying to work on positive improvements for our team and the server, and all around trying to have some semblance of a life, so please forgive me for not prioritizing this after all the issues over the years.

I am going to preface this. Contrary to your false allegation, there is no standard for TLDR attitude, nor is there literally any way for you to substantiate that outside of the stories you constantly tell yourself. I assure you my comments will be constructive, however, you consistently spew crap against myself and the upper staff team, so you are in no position to be setting the ground rules for how this situation is going to work. We are not making character assassination posts - when you go around telling lies, falsifying narratives, and overall making accusations against people, posting facts and supporting evidence of your actions to support our decisions is the appropriate response. I will not be addressing all 26 claims, because quite frankly many of them are arguing on semantics, such as staff compensation. Helpme compensation does not scratch the surface of “payment” for the work done by upper staff. This argument was pointless. If you do your usual “I don’t like what you are saying so I’m going to ignore you and block you” (which you have done at least 5 times in the past 12 months, despite my continuous efforts to treat you with respect and gratitude for the help you have provided, which your very own “gotcha” screenshots throughout these posts actually prove), there will be no reason to entertain these situations further. You have a habit of operating in bad faith, which I most certainly can substantiate. Given you have no issue showing logs, I will do so.

To provide context into the various situations that this has occurred, here is a far from exhaustive timeline of events with Thendil, purely because I do not have the time or interest to go as in depth, given I do not have the same amount of free time. In the interest of post length, I also will not be going into great depths with screenshot evidence:

The first instance of this happened all the way back in November of 2020. Thendil was caught with a copycat server, in which he had heavily plagiarized from HelloMiners. The original bantopic was lost with old forums, but there are still fragments such as this:

Further evidence of this can be found here:

Not only did he copy the server, but his site was also strikingly similar to our old site, prior to the Russian hacker incident. Notice for example (for those who remember old forums) how much this looks alike:

In game it was a similar story, which all evidence can be found here: 2020-11-26_21.47.55.png - Google Drive
Specifically, here is an example of their chat and roles:

Upon banning him, he contacted me as I was asleep, promptly blocked me for not replying fast enough:

sending the following email to cakey that was also intended for Tedde:

As you can see from this initial case, there is a history operating in bad faith, misconstruing the truth to meet a narrative. Months later in January, Thendil was given another chance, being allowed back to the server.
As time progressed, Thendil was given more government roles because his contributions to the community were appreciated, and his support in running certain aspects for our team were also extremely helpful – to the point that he was offered a moderator role:

A few months later, due to ongoing disputes between Thendil and Cakey, with Cakey taking it too far, Thendil left the staff team. His screenshot of me saying sorry to see you go is not some sort of “gotcha”, I was simply trying to show you respect, the same way I do in majority of our interactions, both public and private.

Response to post

I am going to skip the first 4 claims, I have no reason to dispute them. Claim 5 is ultimately true, not false. Mistakes get made, but just as Nar made a mistake with removing someone’s sign, a mistake doesn’t really change the fact that it happened.

Claim 6 is actually true. An example of Thendil taking advantage of a lack of supervision is the highway in question. Thendil once again used one small snippet of conversation from 2013 to show that he was in his right to make the highway. As you can see in my message, I clearly stated that contracts were planned (which never came to fruition), and at the time of contract execution, that would be a good time to make a connection. This was not blanket approval to begin building up to the government highway.

Claim 7 is misconstruing the truth of the matter. Thendil was regioning large regions outside of SUD cities, including SUD railways, following their ongoing infra-organization dispute between Thendil’s STC/STD and SUD. He was regioning right up to the 200 block buffer, out of spite. Troll regions, which Satan as you said “strongarmed you” into unregioning. This worked in your favour, as they were clearly troll regions, and we have a plethora of evidence from that era from all of your interactions with beak, cake, albinary, satan, etc. that supports that. After this point in time, infra rules were overhauled, something you were party to, which included requiring registering of your highway design in order to have it owned and protected by government. Something you used your staff perms to do – region them by gov to protect them, without following the correct guidelines.

Claim 8 – thendil was blacklisted from gov roles. I created the developer role as a completely separate entity from staff and government. The purpose of the role was to be a background role, providing technical and developmental support. It was a great opportunity for you to shine in a way where you would not need to be primarily public facing, since you at times could be a public relations nightmare with your general behaviour. Additionally, not all decisions require a vote from all of staff. This is not a secret, its openly stated. Ultimately, the administrative team has the final say. It has ALWAYS had the final say. At one point it was a single person who called all the shots. Moderators have a large voice and a large amount of influence, but Admins have always and will always reserve the right to make decisions on behalf of the server. I hope that clears that up, and that there are no misconceptions left moving forward. A large amount of decisions are brought to a staff vote, Admins have the final say over all decisions, and reserve the right to make decisions as an administrative team.

Addressing your little aside, honestly this is just pure copium. First, we banned you for plagiarizing our server. Then we gave you another chance. Then we allowed you to build up rapport within the staff, taking government positions. Then, knowing your ongoing history of causing trouble with other players, we still gave you a shot at mod, because we saw your potential. Upon becoming mod, you became overzealous with your role, over-moderating a player who posted something in an unaffiliated discord, even going so far as to report them to the authorities. Despite this, I gave you another shot, and even gave you a pep talk:

Then after you left staff, I offered you opportunities to stay involved, with infra consultation to future development work. The reality is I tried so hard to give you so many opportunities, but you continuously burn the bridges I build for you.

Claim 9 - I gave you opportunities to get more involved, offering you a developer position, ignoring caution from other staff based on your history. Contrary to your claim, this was not regardless of any previous issues and due to your experience running a server. I did this because I believed in you, I respected that you had interesting visions for ways to improve roleplay aspects on the server, but yet you somehow have yourself convinced that everything I do is because I am targeting you and out to get you, along with the rest of my team.

Claim 10 – Nar is telling this from Nar’s pov. Satan’s statements of removing you from all positions led to that. Despite this, it was also communicated that given the admin teams’ potential plans for gov cities, gov city development was being put on hold, including auctions, plot sales, etc. March 2024’s decision was made for good reason, and your ability to refute the post was refused. You took away your chance to defend yourself when you blocked the entire staff team aside from Vikron.

I am not even going to address your hiatus claim because similar to 1 through 4, its really just shouting into the void. Nar was away due to school/holiday for a couple of weeks. You literally cannot fault him for putting his own life first. You may be chronically online, but most of the staff team are full time working, either as students or in the workforce. We are volunteers, we are entitled to step back when life needs to take priority. Nar began working on gov cities because we had a plan to revitalize all government cities, something we are still actively working on now. Even if you were operating rightfully, as I mentioned before – Admins have the final decision. The large scale plans to improve the government cities as a whole do not need to be justified to you, sorry to burst that bubble.

Again going back to the developer role. It was never even remotely stated that developers were equals to admins. Developers are a completely separate branch of staff from moderators and admins, working alongside the admin team to support in development goals. Developers are not full admins, because they are not given the same level of trust as admins are. Developers are given the tools to do what they do well, not to make decisions for the server on behalf of the staff team. It is clearly stated in the posting.

Claim 11 – fair. You did not take advantage to gain worldedit, you just continuously used it without checking in. You were under the impression that you didn’t need to, but you came to this conclusion yourself, never double checked, and that’s where the whole lack of communication thing comes in. Admins let other admins know generally what work they are doing, what projects they are working on. You were just doing it, not informing. In the future treat this as a learning opportunity for real life, ask for permission, not forgiveness when using any powers or doing any actions that other people do not normally have the ability to use/do.

Claim 12 – most of this I am not going to address re: shouting into void. The one thing I AM going to address is this:

Despite the continuous attempts to try and steer the narrative, the reality is the following. A channel has existed in the upper management discord since March 24th 2024, with extensive evidence, report reviewing from players, discussions and deliberations on how to address the numerous issues relating to you in the community and on the server. In this channel, the admin team actively discussing the punishments to be applied which you knew because of Vikron. You then sent him this before we could finalize, since you knew what was coming:

Claim 13 – Thendil was party to the changes to the infrastructure guidelines. Thendil continued to use his staff permissions to create regions to protect his highways on the government dime. Generally, with any other player, this would need to be done by a member of staff and approved for each expansion in accordance with the guidelines, however he was able to circumvent that. So yes, it is true that he continued on his highway project that he blanket approved for himself.

Claim 13 continued – your screenshots are misleading of our conversation. I have already explained why, but I will do it again. I was clear – this expansion idea was reliant on the new contracts for RC highway, which never came to fruition. As you were not a member of the infrastructure department at this time, you had no authority to grant further approval to yourself, which you had done anyways.

Claim 14 – I do not know the full extent of this, and given there are 26 claims, I am not going to dive into it.

Claim 15 – you are right in that there is no issue with you acquiring the plot, or really that you did auctions, aside from the fact that they were not brought up or discussed. Believe it or not, the expectation that you communicate when you are going to do auctions is not unprecedented. Here are two examples, mayors have never had complete autonomy from admins.

Claim 16 – I don’t really have much to say about most of this, but I want to point out the irony in a point of yours.

This is regarding beak’s railway network. You as the new lead railway technician at the time, claimed and still claim to not be bound by the decisions of the previous holder of your position. The same is applied to your highway. Your self approval was valid during your time as manager. The new administration chose not to uphold your previous decision. There is nothing you can do about that.

Claim 17 – I similarly don’t really have anything meaningful I can really add on this, since I am not the person who made the statement and am not connected to the situation.

Claim 18 – I mostly have nothing to add, except to once again point out that my suggestion for you to go about getting a contract to extend your highway up once the actual government contracts for the RC to gov highway were released. This never happened, and you never applied.

Claim 19 – once gain, resigning because you know you are getting fired, while technically is a ‘resignation’, will always be tracked as a demotion, given that that was the punishment you were trying to get out of by quitting when you did. You were not given the job to develop a government highway. You forfeited that role in 2023. Developer does not mean free reign.

Claim 20 – I had never given my approval. You are taking my liking of your ideas, and proposing times when you could have the opportunity to expand as me giving you the go ahead. It is a common theme throughout this all. Not all that I say and do is official statements or actions of the server and staff. Believe it or not, I am a player too. Even more shockingly – I still like your highway design. The reality is that it is not up to me when majority of the admin team was part of the decision on what to do:

While this is not the entirety of the admin team, it is a majority, and majority in fact rules.

Claim 21 is false, you are right in that I did not mention government or private plots you added yourself to.

Claim 22 – this is true. Here is an example of an executive decision made by you, that had to be retracted due to zero discussion with staff:

Claim 23 – yeah, there were periods of time where activity falls to very little. Once again, we are not all chronically online, we have real lives, we are working adults. HelloMiners does not pay the bills. It will always come secondary to our real obligations.

Claim 24 – This was not 1 strike and you are out. This was 4 years of constant attempts to give you opportunities to shine and overcome the issues and baggage that follow you. As mentioned, you were and are a serial blocker. You make it impossible to reasonable resolve issues. You run away from reality, and block the people you disagree with to avoid having a response to your messages.

Claim 25 – You were informed in the post that you had to come into compliance. From what I understand, you were further spoken with about it, based on this:

It is now July, and action is being taken. I concede that communication efforts on this were weak, however, given your history, your blocking of us, and no indication that the blocking was removed, tacked on with the repeated occasions of trying to contact you for whatever reason just to see I am blocked again time after time over the years, the lessened communication is not unjustified. Ultimately, a staff decision was made well in advance, and followed through with. It does not require you to agree with it, it is not in your power to control. We are long past that point now.

Claim 26 – I don’t have real comment on this, Nar is trying to improve HelloClan city in accordance with the plans admins have in place. Getting people to sell their plots for the overall goal of improving the city is not a sin in my eyes.

What have we learned from all this?

• too many lies to deal with. Oftentimes there is no use even attempting to argue with Thendil, and it honestly is not even worth the time

• staff don’t trivialise shock and horror as temper tantrums. You have shown not only the staff, but the community at large that you have a habit of throwing tantrums when you do not get your way. Not just staff, regular players in the community too.

• Being busy with life at this point in time is an acceptable excuse to carry on as staff. A large playerbase is increasingly becoming adults with real life responsibilities. Staff included. They are not preventing people from taking on roles, there is just a smaller pool of players. There is no major need to shake up the staff team when there is no big demand currently to warrant more moderators.

• there are no admins who are fishing to force a new server. I don’t even know where this baseless, moronic claim is coming from.

• there was never an abusive relationship between you and staff. There was countless attempts to give you the benefit of the doubt despite your incessant need to stir the pot, cause issues with other players, over-play your roles and responsibilities. You are responsible for the situation you find yourself in now.

• Tedde has not played an active role in day-to-day operations on this server for longer than you have been apart of this community. I don’t know where you get this idea from that you can get Tedde to step in and toss everything up. Tedde has entrusted myself, cheer, and others with managing the server, and keeping it running. The admin team has always been given the blanket trust to run the server as they see fit. Tedde is (get this), a working adult. In fact, an extremely successful one at that. To the point that he literally does not have the time or energy to concern himself with a Minecraft server, or a battlefield Vietnam server. He still pays for them, because once upon a time they were a big part of his life, and he has the means to do so. There is nothing wrong with that whatsoever, time to get over it.

Conclusion

You accuse us of not giving a crap about you, having no respect for you, and you especially love to drag myself and Nar through it. You have accused me of being harsh when disciplining/applying some sort of punishment for your poor behaviour, mistakes, poor interactions with others, etc. I have admitted that I can be harsh, and I have no problem affirming that notion. When we have members of staff acting inappropriately, I am harsh. I was harsh on Nar back in 2019, excessively so, because of mistakes he made at the time. I was harsh on Vihq, Satan, Vikron, etc. You are not special, the only difference is the frequency of issues you have had over the years. Hell, even when you were being discussed for promotion to moderator, it was noted as a caution by myself and others. My harshness however, still has a basis of respect. Multiple times over the past few years I have stuck my neck out for you, offering you olive branch after olive branch because I truly believed that despite all the issues, you had real potential to bring positive change. Examples include constantly allowing you to still have influence on infra guideline changes after you left all departments, backing you up when you were being targeted and falsely accused with lots of false statements regarding a plot in King’s city.

I understand that for you this is extremely personal (clearly), but make no mistake, I do not care about you enough for any of these crappy accusatorial tantrums you are throwing on a regular basis. These situations are never as deep as you drum them up to be, and the real problem is that no matter what we say, no matter what the response is – if it isn’t heeding to your twisted false-reality, it literally will never end with you.

There will be no additional staff responses to your antics. I will ensure that your highway report is resolved separately from this. Best of luck to you in your future endeavours.

Luc

TLDR: The fact checking is largely driven by false narratives. I have explained why, to the best of my ability, while also considering that I really do not care to keep entertaining this after years.

7 Likes