(Suggestion) Allowing EasyPlace :)

Easy place only allows you to interact with 1 block at a time. We aren’t talking about printer.

1 Like

Also, printer is not innately part of litematica but an addon plugin.

thats pretty much the situation currently :p, there are 0 builders doing jobs, and pretty much every builder i’ve seen getting hired since i joined had litematica, none hires builders without litematica, unless its to like build a wall with no detail, litematica is already a requirement to work as a builder, and easy place isnt printer, all it does is “auto” place the block your looking at ;p normally i wouldn’t support this, but i’ve been part of agora and liteworks, the last 2 active building companies, both had no builders wanting to build :/, this has an actual chance at bringing back builders and that very important market

But if we’re adding it for your reasoning ( a lack of builders) then genuinely it isn’t going to magically add more builders to the server, or make it a more hospitable place for new ones.

It would be just a band-aid to a bigger problem with a bigger question - “Why don’t people want to build anymore?”

Im not on either side here but I know an expert when I see one

the playing field would not be more rough. the building companies liteworks and agora build (former being closed due to lack of builders, latter seeing some similar issues according to this thread) have both supported it. realism isn’t a huge factor of HelloMiners anymore. it never was since you could just log off whenever you’d like. placing blocks is not realistic, it’s a game mechanic we would allow a mod to alter in a way that makes it easier to build. the fact that it is a big change in terms of building is not a substantial argument in itself. other points you’ve brought up have been said by others here, EasyPlace should be allowed, at least it should be on trial for a period of time (as I think most suggestions should be)

Nobody thinks Easyplace would make builders appear out of nowhere… To answer your question, people don’t want to build because there is no financial incentive to do so. Nothing in this game is more time-consuming than building, and when adding up material and labor costs you often end up asking yourself why; especially when our real estate & tourism markets are struggling. This is why people say they only build for themselves, it just isn’t reasonable to do it for financial incentive anymore, it’s purely for enjoyment in the finished product (for example: Agora NC could have been a lot shittier, but we chose to go all out on the design and scale while sacrificing greatly in cost and labor).

I think you’re somewhat missing the point of our argument. We know that not every player can/will use Litematica/Easyplace, but ultimately allowing it would benefit the server’s evolution as we need our private cities to step up in order to make warpless cities work (also, one important distinction is that almost no new player has ever succeeded in the build market without Litematica… Attempting a structure larger than a dirt shack without Litematica makes the building process 4 times more difficult). More complex structures would equal more interest in our server, as many of our new players source their inspiration from the scale of projects on Hellominers. And this would also raise the prices of goods across the whole economy as more people consume materials, and less time would be spent grinding. Private cities would rapidly erupt from the ashes of old ones, as players realize Easyplace makes the action of building an entire city way more feasible, and on smaller-scales more buildings/shops would continue to be built and redesigned in more complex ways.

I guess to end my argument, I don’t think Easyplace starts a new precedence for the server. Infact, I think it returns us to our old precedent. Rarely do you see large projects completed anymore, and our lack of population and grinding economy are the main contributors. These projects are what made Hellominers fun, what made the server worth our time… knowing we can come together and construct a city server like no other. And without an improvement in building speed, we will continue abusing the other game mechanics which HAVE been manipulated (Ex: Demolition, Grinding (SF), PVP, Etc) instead of the game mechanic that BUILT this server.

1 Like