shrink da map

i been sayin this we need a smaller map and to condense activity for like any economic activity to be valuable

1 Like

concentrating activity is undeniably a really good way for business to occur - shops can get visited, and plots can get sold. when business is up, players want to play more.

also players should be seeing some sort of sign of activity in general. this isnā€™t a singleplayer planetminecraft map for the server to be experienced alone like 90% of the time, ill be honest i joined another city server like a year ago and it was usually at 0-2 players online. did not want to play it for more than a few minutes every time i logged on. you cant just say ā€œthis isnt a problem the problem is the lack of playersā€ because where does the lack of players problem come from? a variety of sources, of which i personally think this is one of. theres a whole list of things that could be pinpointed as causes for a decline in playerbase and i think every one of them has some truth to them.

1 Like

completely right. i truly think a big help would be to make HMIA requirement tier 6 and if cities start catching up to that requirement just push it up further lmao it should genuinely be like only 4-8 cities that should even be in there. maybe then we can have tier 3-4 cities connect by regional airports (so the tier 5-6 cities would become hubs) and then tier 1-2 would have other means of transport to connect

this is probably a better solution than shrinking the map because activity centres around the airport

Maybe

1 Like

just a note to all the people who are like ā€œlets not do [any suggestion], we just need to advertise the serverā€, discordsrv shows that since a month ago (21st dec) weā€™ve gotten 110 new players, which is 3.5 new players a day. since a week ago (14th jan), weā€™ve gotten 35 new players, which is 5 new players a day. clearly the focus should be on retaining the new players then (which ultraā€™s doing a good job at working on), this also isnā€™t directly saying we should do what this post suggests, just showing how retention is important and the idea that the quality of the server could provide would be better than the quantity of players we can throw at it and expect a very small amount to want to stay

3 Likes

Iā€™m thinking about it lol, its my #1 priority for this year. The tutorial cant be half done like the last 3-4 versions of the tutorial, its gotta be something entirely eye catching.

2 Likes