[Report] Thendil - Removing from region/Griefing

Hii :grinning:

I’d like to report the player Thendil for griefing and literally, highway robbery.

Context: as some of you may know, Montego Bay has been connected to Bayview since around 2020 due to agreements between me (Felipe) and Cake. When the project happened, I was loaded ($$$) but busy, and Cake was broke but had time and energy to build. Thus, we decided to work as such: i’d fund the highway, and he would build it.

But little did we know that we’d run into a problem years later when Thendil bought Dove Valley under his HMSU banner and found problems within the highway. Again, all construction and regioning related to the highway was done by Cake, and he assured everything was done correctly.

I don’t have logs of me sending money to cake, mainly because he was staff at the time and able to take money from my account, with my permission ofc, as it can be seen here:

The highway was facing criticism over aesthetics and as such Cake made a plan (the attached pdf report-esque project lol) to rebuild it. I then started building on my side, and hoping he’d do his part.

The red line was the old path, and the yellow is the new one. The main change was that the connection to MonBay was now via a tunnel to New Jamaica, and there’s a ramp along the hillside curving to meet the middle part of the highway.

My part was done on 16/02 as sent on the SUD discord, where we have a channel regarding the sr3 renovation.

After a while, I finally found the time & will to work (some of us have lifes so that explains why the progress on projects can be lengthy), and started working on the connection again. I’ve built it, along with Egg (ryanEdgewurth) up until the front of Omnie Inc building. There was a bridge there, and the road size was reduced from 13 blocks to 9 to fit SUD standards, and black concrete was swapped for gray concrete.

This is the bridge built on 19/07/2024. That same day, Thendil and I talked about possible connections and I suggested doing the highway in a straight line to make it easier. He suggested lowering it, and here’s the full conversation that happened that day:

[18:04:07] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] hi
[18:04:12] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] yo
[18:04:18] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] i'm working in the highway rn
[18:04:24] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] mind coming to dove valley to see?
[18:04:38] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [SR3] This road is owned, maintained, and operated by the Southern Union for Development.
[18:04:48] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [HMSU] Farewell, comrade!
[18:04:57] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [SR3] This road is owned, maintained, and operated by the Southern Union for Development.
[18:05:08] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] omw
[18:06:37] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] so thats it pretty much
[18:07:04] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] so i'm looking to lower it
[18:07:19] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] when standing on the highway the y would be....
[18:07:23] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] 74
[18:07:53] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] ~KingoFel probs
[18:08:26] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] it could go a teeny bit higher
[18:08:29] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] it can be done but all my work would be for nothing then lol
[18:08:59] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] it might just slope down after your bit then
[18:09:10] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] that omnie factory entrance is abit annoying though
[18:09:13] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] you own ferobank right?
[18:09:16] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] yea
[18:09:25] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] the omnie factory thing is probs going
[18:09:32] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] i evicted that shit
[18:09:46] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] ferobanke was gonna become part of dove valley but have had to change plans because of this highway lol
[18:10:11] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] i'm noticing right now the whole highway only has the stupid diagonals because of omniefac
[18:10:18] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] which apparently they didn't get permission from dove valley when they built it, only from ferobanke
[18:10:23] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] lol
[18:10:49] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] well, dove valley's owner was inactive
[18:11:05] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] and i'm not sure about perms cuz everything was handled by cake i just paid for it
[18:11:24] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] yeah but he was contactable and not inactive enough. pumpcan just takes breaks and i was managing the city
[18:11:31] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [HM] Player MrPumpcan has been offline since 2 months 6 days 18 hours ago.
[18:12:04] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] tell that to cake not me
[18:12:17] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] i tried, i resigned mod coz of part of this
[18:12:26] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] anyway
[18:12:32] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] was thinking of a viaduct design
[18:12:33] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] the highway middle line can be centered to Z 1753
[18:12:43] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me -> ~Thents [V]] lets talk over discord
[18:12:46] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [~Thents [V] -> me] sure

And in discord, I simply sent him a draft of what it would look like without the diagonal sections. On the same day, Narwhals started working on the gov highway, and for some reason he lashed out on me.

As always, I’ve tried to be courteous and amicable, since that’s the bare minimum to deal with neighbors. Until today :grinning:

While looking at the world map i’ve noticed some changes, and when I came to check it, suddenly the highway was already at Thendil’s desired Y level and for some reason everyone else got removed as owner.

Regarding the new Y level, let’s remember that in the logs I said it could be done, but that was supposed to be thought about and not outright accepted. And to begin with, all of his suggestions are literally just that: suggestions. This is a privately owned highway that was made before he was even involved with the neighboring cities, and he has no say in that.

When I confronted him today regarding the sudden change of ownership, he came once again saying how the region is illegal (as if we didn’t have a whole drama in the past regarding it, that time involving beak and cake) and it should be removed.

And that’s the end of it. I got blocked and the part I worked on got torn down. Heres what the

Proof I owned sehw1 before (logs from the day I was building the bridge - 19.07.24)

[18:17:08] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] ----------------- Region Info -----------------\nRegion: sehw1 (type=cuboid, priority=0)\nFlags: greeting: [SR3] This road is owned, maintained, and operated by the Southern Union for Development., snow-fall: DENY [Flags]\ndwtfb (parent, priority=0)\n ?fb_buffer (parent, priority=0)\n ?highway_fb (parent, priority=0)\n ?sehw1\nOwners: CakeDevil_275, Felipe98_, Somfic [Add] [Rem] [Clr]\nMembers: Albinary, Mous_E, oJacy, ryanEdgewurth [Add] [Rem] [Clr]\nBounds: (1859, -64, 1721) -> (2355, 319, 1735)\n

And the pic I sent him on discord to confront:

This is what the bridge section looks like now:

I’d like to point out how he says it was “an accident” in discord, yet even the region greeting saying that the road is owned, maintained and operated by SUD was conveniently removed, and the new road he built doesn’t even follow the standard of 3 wide lane/strip/3 that was previously being used, reducing the size of the road again without any consultation to the owners of the region.

This brings us to the closure about the highway:

Land value (sehw1): 37.275F

Materials: ~ 1.3K (concrete alone, didn’t count the stone bricks barriers)

Total cost of damages: 38.575F → region that I suddenly lost ownership + material cost of what I built

Part of the road that was destroyed: 130 x 9

Concrete: 2x (130x3) gray concrete lanes = 780 blocks = 12 stacks and 12 blocks. Concrete being bought at 41F/stack means 1 block = 1,56F, thus 780 x 1,56F = 1.217F

1 x (130) yellow concrete strip. Yellow concrete being 35F/stack = 0,54F/block x 130 = 71F.

And since that whole ordeal was done out of the blue without any consulting, I’m safe to say this also can be considered griefing.

With all that being said, I’ll gladly answer any questions staff might have about this, just contact me.

TL; DR:

8 Likes

Let’s get a few things straight. I complained a while back on 2 counts after it was left unfinished for a year:

1. It’s an eyesore and a troll region as it’s unfinished and stupidly high up on purpose to cause issues and vehicles can’t run on it.
  2. You duped Jake into giving permission from ferobanke’s perspective for it as at the time it was unheard of to bypass the infra dept. You let Jake think this was a government highway.

Here’s an example of the highway from that complaint:

Jake confirming:

Luc has said this can be re-evaluated as an eyesore if progress stalls:

A year later and it is still as it was:

Permission sought

Angry at the false promises in the ticket and complete lack of progress for yet ANOTHER year, last week I sent nightemperor a request to get the design resolved and he was sympathetic to what has happened. As I explained to you when you contacted me after this, I had spoken to nightemperor already but you ignored this. Here is the permission I got to change it the part that is parented to my city:

I have amended my part and some bits need completing but with all the bullshit you guys have twisted against me, I’m less inclined to make nice little tunnel walls and ceilings for you.

Ownership:

As far as I’m concerned, this was originally intended to be a SUD owned highway and nightemperor is in charge of SUD and you have had plenty of time to fix the eyesore it actually is, and you should never have regioned it in the first place.

The ticket sent before your revenge report

Before you wrote your report here, I also submitted a ticket in infra to have the highway officially re-evaluated as an eyesore and drew staff to the fact that you just decided to have the highway as a private region regardless of getting permissions from Dove Valley. In your messages you stated Dove Valley was inactive. I know this was not the case as the inactivity rule had not kicked in. I had been made manager of Dove Valley as it was agreed by the owner that the city would be sold to me in return for re-opening Trongo. For the record you didn’t contact me either to get permission for this highway.

It was always my intention to report this region to have it removed so I can region that area in between both my cities and merge the cities as I’ve been working on a design for it but so far this has stalled because of this highway issue. I have never been against having a highway connected to my city. I gave all of you a whole year to get your act together to see what you could come up with. When I spoke to you about stuff you were shirty and showed no willingness that any of you were going to fix the issues. You also let slip that your group just went ahead and regioned 50 blocks from Dove Valley because as far as you were concerned the owners were inactive so instead of contacting them you just did what you liked.

Because of the shit with my super highway being griefed to the point it was yeeted out of existence by 1 staff member, things with the report were delayed and I’ve spent the last few days processing all of your shit.

I did submit the ticket to infra half an hour before your sudden report (I bet you were encouraged to write it - maybe you thought your would just gang up on me because making me look bad is now the fashion as part of your mafia collective):

Sure thing, everything you don’t like or that doesn’t bend its back to you is either a troll region or made with the purpose to pursue you for some reason. The highway was fully functional, just didn’t have pillars supporting it. As previously stated, we had plans to redo it.

So because Jake assumed something that I didnt even took part in (regioning and building), then suddenly everything must be removed? Let’s remember that Jake was never the problem here, so don’t try to lump him together with you.

And for that same reason, Cake made the PDF i’m attaching.

I’m so sorry fixing a highway wasn’t my priority when I have a nation to run.

Thats exactly your issue. You LACK communication. Satan even told me and I waited to see if you would talk to me, but again you showed that communication isn’t your thing:

Is he? Or is it that you just assumed and didn’t care to check since you got what you wanted? I would clarify but honestly can’t be bothered to, you’re not worth the time.

I thought I had already made quite clear the building and regioning + dealing with third parties wasn’t done by me.

Yes poor Thendil :sob: the whole world is angry and you’re the victim. Fr tho stop with the schizo statements, unlike you I don’t have power trips and don’t care enough to get involved in staff issues.

3 Likes

Communication goes two ways and your group did nothing and made an illegal region. You made it clear this was cakey’s doing and nightemperor made it clear it was sud’s.

When you start throwing abuse at me like calling what I say “copium bs” and “schizo statements” that’s the final straw for me.

Sorry I don’t have time for this anymore. You’ve made your report and I’ve supplied the evidence.

3 Likes