Why I won't be around as much

I have decided I won’t be logging in as often as I usually do as it appears staff have a serious problem with ‘group think’ and I feel I may have been scapegoated and character assassinated so I need to limit my time in the server for safety reasons.

I have made mistakes at times and have held my hands up, but I don’t usually let people walk all over me that easily and that’s why I have made a point of things in the past, even if told I am having a temper tantrum when all my work is yeeted. I have never knowingly used any gov/staff position to gain an advantage and I really detest this suggestion from hardly active players who have no knowledge of ongoing conversations.

I am glad I will be getting a settlement from the highway issues as I had kept staff informed on progress, even showed them stuff I’d done ingame, nar had let me tunnel under his city, asked for updates during building and I assured luc that a proposed extension was already being worked on. So much has been twisted.

What I will say to anyone doing any position on this server, is this:

1. Try to get a very detailed explanation of what a role entails.
  2. Ask what its limitations are
  3. They don’t have staff in charge of areas most of the time so find a way you can let everyone know at the same time what you are working on.
  4. Find out what they need group approval on as the level of micro management they want now is not clear (also what happens with inactive upper staff as they will come back and demand stuff be undone).

I really hope the server can find ways to improve itself in time.

I believe if you empower non-staff players to take charge of the gameplay and staff stick to moderating and technical/billing support issues you have a much happier player base. Also, if you give those in gov positions freedom to be in charge of their domain they will reward you with loyalty. If you mislead them over their domain or retrospectively reinvent their position you are just going to create more dissatisfaction.

Might be best to rethink how you provide responses to complaints made by players too.

Good luck and will see you in time!

For anyone that missed it: