[Suggestion] Server Reset

it probably won’t happen in the future since our community is pretty divided and votes like these always require people to act without self-interest being a factor, but hopefully one day we’ll reach it. if we reach an average player count of like 2-3, at that point it nay be sensible to use what many call the last resort

I believe right now is the last resort. I don’t think we can wait until we get to that point.

I don’t think it’s sensible for us to reach that either but that’s the only scenario I truly see people agreeing on a reset for though

1 Like

Right, but staff had made these types of decisions before. Half of our community appears to be for this as the vote continues to fluctuate. Admins have made decisions in the past with FAR less support. The fact that we are at this point with that many players supporting this says quite a bit about the state of the server right now.

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

Bump

I think the suggestion is dead

1 Like

I probably talked too fast when mentioning reforms. It’s taking a little longer but reforms are on the way.

I suggested this in the past, so did a few other veteran players, some that have been around alot longer than I have and were around for the first reset. I agree on resetting the server, and do believe it would help revive the server in the long run, when our current map is just too cluttered and massive. Eventually our server map will be so massive, we’d have to make another server hardware upgrade just to accommodate the space…

6 Likes

I just think it’s depressing watching 2 inactive players discuss the fate of the server they don’t play on

3 Likes

I Know this is a very old sugestion but I have something to say. As a new player I was to voice my view on the situation. I am going to try to make this as unbiased as possible. In the long run I think more people would join. I would say though that in the short run many of the few new players that are so valuable to the servers survival might quit. One reason I joined the server is the vibrant map. Particularly the stores. Stores make it much easer for builders like me to build. Its one of the reasons I chose this server over other servers like EarthMC. The airports and infastructure help new players that are less invested in the server thrive. Now that does not mean it is easy to thrive currently. The broken economy has almost all the wealth stored in the top 10 players and it is nearly inposible to compete with players F5,000,000 richer than you. With that said the magnificent cities create a great draw and inspire new players to “Reach for the stars” of you will. If the server is reset for a time it will be back to essentialy a survival server. During that time I think any of the new players that are here now would have left. Personaly I would stay through that time as it is a great chance to become one of the F5,000,000 people in the future but players with less patience might not be so keen to stick around and instead go to competeing servers. I just wanted to speak my piece. Cya Round -ColbyLaFancyy

1 Like

Well we’re making a lot of drastic changes that should level the playing field for starters. One of those changes is replacing warps with airports and tp sign subways. That way having a government city plot that costed 4 million forsals isn’t that much of an advantage anymore. You can now start a store in any private or gov city with equal chances of turning it into success based on how hard you work to restock rather than owning a frontrow warp plot.