[SUGGESTION] Make proper, engaging roleplay jobs to encourage children to play

these all sound really good! im excited to see all of the things you’ve mentioned. the list seems really good so far. thank you for actually working on bringing these roleplay jobs into hm ultra :grin: (and any other staff involved also deserves a thanks)

1 Like

naw just me

4 Likes

I think these roleplay jobs should tie in to the not-artificial economy on the server.

Gov’t should let private cities host roleplay job centers to attract interest and they should have unique (or perhaps tied in to real business) job opportunities.

This would make a lot more diversity

i do think further private city involvement would be cool. private cities are already kinda being involved (as delivery job may require you to travel to a city, for example, or pushing carts which are all in private cities). i think that once roleplay jobs in their first stage have been initialised, we can start thinking about more advanced roleplay jobs. as i’ve listed here, i think universities/training methods could work well with a more advanced rp job model. here are some examples thendil has listed: doctor/police/judge/lawyer/senator/engineer/mayor. i think all of these could tie in perfectly with private cities (for example, having a hospital for doctors could mean that the doctor then finds housing near the hospital)

again though, this is all thinking further into the future. right now we should prioritise helping ultra roll out these rp jobs. its a lot of work and he’s doing it solo, so if you got the opportunity to help him, feel free to do so :heart:

how can I help him

he usually asks around in chat if people are willing to do a gov job, you can also try ask him on discord maybe what things he may need help with? usually its designing (ik you’re not too keen on that) but he might have something else at certain times (even letting him know of your interest could probably help)

1 Like

ok sure would you like to code them? it takes about an hour per quest variation and you need like 10-20 per type :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am not familiar with Java, sorry. Someday I’d like to get into it. You are doing gods work though tbh and I appreciate it.

1 Like

its mostly copy paste commands but you have to know what you’re doing, its annoying

1 Like

had a look at the quests plugin, i doubt you need any programming knowledge but it does seem pretty long. ultra’s an admin, not a tech, so i assume its something that you can do without knowing much java, but hey obvs your choice

i have a template that i work on but you sorta have to be able to spawn npcs, do coords, make items and all that fun stuff

1 Like

i hate children

3 Likes

thats valid but we cant be expecting adults with real jobs to be starting out on this server as our only method of gaining players

1 Like