Suggestion: Gatekeep gov cities

The proposal:

Purge all the inactive plots of 3+ years in HelloClan (particularly around the major areas like Airport, spawn, etc) and demo them

If you have >500,000F (or whatever is equivalent to “rich”) in your balance at the time, you’re not allowed to purchase a plot in HC or any gov city. If you do somehow bypass it then your plot gets delisted and your assets seized.

This would be a temporary measure, when the servers activity justifies it, the restriction can be lifted as private cities would then be viable alternatives.

Why this could help:

New players can’t buy HC plots, they simply cant. If one goes up for auction, by time they even discover the forums exist the bid is already up to half a million forsals. One rich person goes inactive and the rest buy up his/her land. We should be giving the new players the opportunity to capitalize on the gov cities prime real estate. This would let new players interact with new players more, instead of relying on private cities.

How could this be accomplished:

You could use a plugin to externally limit the people who can purchase or interact with buy plot signs in HC. Or, you could have staff enforce this by logging the purchases. Either way, effort is required.

What drawbacks would there be:

You probably would not get the approval of the rich members as objectively most of their income comes from these large monopolized stores in HC.

Conclusion

I am not leading this up to a yes/no vote because I feel like the idea should be discussed more. Please relay your concerns in the replies.

1 Like

Hello!

There is stuff staff added on gov cities, one of then being gold plot rules:

Players before this rules are grandfatehered, you cant go around taking others ppl property like that.
There will be a lot of land for sale on wc, for anyone to own.
Also in wc, all properties are owned by different players and the stores are managed by different players and all get 100% of what they make.

okay, we sell every plot. now we have 50% of the plots sold with no buildings on them, then 40% are eyesores and theres like 3-4 good buildings. Now what. Cuz thats how private cities work a lot of the time.

Purge all the inactive plots of 3+ years in HelloClan and demo them

There are a lot of historical buildings in HC, and it wouldn’t be as simple as just demolishing them. The last time I was in HC I noticed a few were evicted, although I don’t believe there are plans to demolish them.

private cities would then be viable alternatives.

They already are, since warps were removed it now takes around the same time to get to the spawn building in HC as it does to any private city connected to the airport system.

large monopolized stores in HC.

I’m not aware of any large stores in HC itself. Mainly people shop at Aramega in Paradise Hills or at places in West HC such as Blockazon.

particularly around the major areas like Airport, spawn, etc

If you’ve been to warp airport recently you might’ve noticed that it is actually in the Suburbs and not North City like it used to be. There are many inactive plots there, and Edge was recently talking about this on discord, but there is a lot of housing available for new players.

If you have >500,000F in your balance at the time

This would be impossible to enforce, especially considering players have other assets such as Rares and Land.

externally limit the people who can purchase or interact with buy plot signs

It would take far too much effort to maintain such a list, it’s not as difficult to make Forsals.

just wanna add something, idk why but it took me like 5 mins for me to help a new player find how to get to the suburbs, i feel like this should be made a bit easier to access maybe?

There are a lot of historical buildings in HC, and it wouldn’t be as simple as just demolishing them. The last time I was in HC I noticed a few were evicted, although I don’t believe there are plans to demolish them.

There are a a lot of historical buildings, granted, but I don’t think the majority of HC needs to be preserved for historic sake. Buildings that have shown extreme attention to detail and are close to the city center (or spawn area) deserve to stay because of their significance to the server. I can understand.

They already are, since warps were removed it now takes around the same time to get to the spawn building in HC as it does to any private city connected to the airport system.

You raise a fair point, but its just not the same since plots near the airport or HelloClan are seen first by new players, which gives an impression to the users. Sure, you can have private cities with stores, and those can work out, but there is always going to be a central hub for commerce and the spawn area has been that…

If you’ve been to warp airport recently you might’ve noticed that it is actually in the Suburbs and not North City like it used to be. There are many inactive plots there, and Edge was recently talking about this on discord, but there is a lot of housing available for new players.

Problem I have with moving it is, we are just sweeping the dust under the rug, and not getting rid of it. Sure, there housing available, but once that gets taken and built up are we just going to let it sit there too?

This would be impossible to enforce, especially considering players have other assets such as Rares and Land.

It’s not impossible to enforce this, and I think a plugin plus some effort from the staff is accessible. You raise a good point about the external assets, but just having it be based on their current account balance would help to limit it, and circumventing it can be punishable. I mean, the staff can see who owns what right?

It would take far too much effort to maintain such a list,

This isn’t forced to be a list, it could be a automated system, I have done something similar for my own private server setup one time.

We don’t need to sell everything all at once, it can be a gradual and moderated process. But before you say its already happening like that now, it’s way too slow and the plots are just being bought up by the same people anyway.

I feel like if you can sell/demo plots in the outer city more, perhaps going out there would be worth it.

Players before this rules are grandfatehered, you cant go around taking others ppl property like that.

The only thing I could ask from this is, why are we grandfathering players that are inactive on the server (if this is the case) ? If they haven’t been active (especially for more than 2 years) why are they being protected from rules that wouldn’t affect them anyway?

1 Like

ive always thought that theres no point in having a row 15 valley city plot, we really should demo some of those buildings in the back lol

1 Like

ive always thought that theres no point in having a row 15 valley city plot, we really should demo some of those buildings in the back lol

“some”, most of the plots in the outer city need to be demod

1 Like