[Report] VihQ

I wouldn’t have wanted to do this but I had to. Some time ago VihQ asked me to do some city planning for him. I accepted and did the work. It took me perhaps four hours to do. He goes inactive. Almost a year goes by and he refuses to pay up. After he’s back he has removed most of my work and not told me anything about it. Also pretended that he didn’t hire me to do anything clearly.
I find his behavior towards me unacceptable and disrespectful.
I want him to pay me 6k for the job I did for him.

The entire correspondance between us regarding this is in the post. I have bolded up some key points in the conversation.

23.April 2022
[22:37:55] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] hey do you have any experience in city planning
[22:38:00] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] yeah
[22:38:08] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] can i hire you for a constultation
[22:38:14] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] ofc
[22:38:53] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] it would be a bit more than a few questions, i’d like to pay you around 2-3k to plan out a section of my city if you’re interested in that
[22:39:18] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] nothing beyond placing signs / wool to outline plots
[22:39:54] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] so you want me to plan and make wool outlines and signs?
[22:40:04] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] yeah if that’s something you’d be down to do
[22:40:30] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] sure, what city are we talking about?
[22:40:45] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] Vinewood Hills, it’s located right at New Aurora’s airport
[22:42:07] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] found it
[22:42:43] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] -2991 / -1592
[22:43:21] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] i’ll take you through what needs developing, howver not too difficult to see
[22:43:41] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] it’s essentially this whole back corner
[22:44:27] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] if you need a bit more money to do it, that’s fine too
[22:44:39] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] it’s a decent chunk of the city
[22:44:39] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] this area before the river starts?
[22:44:53] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] yeah that’s all free game
[22:45:09] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] what’s that facility
[22:45:21] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] it’s a player’s farm, LogTheCoolest
[22:45:31] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] you are covering it?
[22:45:44] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] however he’s fine with whatever developments take place, as long as it doesn’t take over his spot
[22:45:58] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] probably going to have a park with a path surrounding that
[22:46:18] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] ok
[22:46:41] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] and then there’s one big plot of land kinda south of it
[22:47:28] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] this?
[22:47:30] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] yes
[22:47:46] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] what kind of purpose does this section of city serve?
[22:48:04] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] This half
[22:48:16] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] could be skyscrapers
[22:48:23] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] /city buildings
[22:48:35] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] this back half would be a suburb/home area
[22:48:57] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] with it turning more into city here
[22:49:22] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] so like this back corner would be suburb
[22:49:49] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] hmm
[22:49:55] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] i hope i have made sense
[22:50:20] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] but my working area south boundary is here?
[22:50:28] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] correct
[22:50:44] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] honestly, this might all be homes
[22:50:55] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] and like the highrise area ends after the park
[22:51:01] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] yes
[22:51:25] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] this big chunk could be larger style homes
[22:51:33] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] with them getting smaller back here
[22:51:39] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] ok
[22:52:01] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] i appreciate it and bill me whatever you want when you’re finished!
[22:52:12] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] this really is saving me.
[22:52:30] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] let me think about what I can come up with. Hey one thing I noticed right away
[22:52:43] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] of course, and shoot
[22:52:56] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] the highrise plots you have down south, it would be better if each plot has a road on all 4 sides
[22:53:18] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] once the plots have been made into towers, they look really crammed if they share plot borders with each other
[22:53:23] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] I can show in PH
[22:53:40] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] What if they had a mutual block in between them, to connect?
[22:54:00] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] like one block between plots?
[22:54:35] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] kinda sorta - if it needs to be a more cohesive connection for the seperate designs, that was sort of the plan
[22:54:55] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] funded by the city of course
[22:55:07] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] but I can tell you, many tall towers with 1 block between them looks really crammed. I recommend thinking it over
[22:55:41] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] Some of the larger plots down there are going to get merged most likely, but I do appreciate the input
[22:56:17] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] sure, like this green one here. if these 2 will be built on, the windows on the entire side of teh building will be facing other buildings
[22:56:41] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] you’re not wrong
[22:56:51] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] but hey I gotta go to bed, cya later and let me think about stuff
[22:56:59] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] Of course, thank you

25.Mar 2022
[22:53:47] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] hey realized i forgot to add you to region
[22:54:53] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] you are added now
[22:55:00] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] also did a bit of plot restructuring
[22:55:34] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] thanks!

3.Mar 2022, last communication regarding the project
[16:26:46] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [HM] ViHQ has been sent the following mail:
[16:26:46] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] hey I started with the city planning, don’t be afraid for the stuff going on. I’ll explain later

[20:56:57] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [HM] ViHQ has been sent the following mail:
[20:56:57] [Render thread/INFO]: [CHAT] can I just ignore the empty plots in the area?

19.Feb 2023 returning to the case:
[21:03:18] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] yello
[21:03:24] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] hey there
[21:03:43] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] I did that city planning thing for you and you need to pay up
[21:04:05] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] Uhh… you didn’t really explain anything well or leave any direction
[21:04:20] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] well you went inactive for a long time
[21:04:55] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] That doesn’t mean you couldn’t have left a detailed string of mails or at least attempted to direct me to what anything meant
[21:05:08] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] or… discord… which I was not inactive on
[21:05:13] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] well shall we go to have a look?
[21:05:49] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] I demoed a lot of what was there and have new plans for the area
[21:05:58] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] As far as im concerned i can pay you 1k for your time
[21:05:59] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] well you owe me the money regardless
[21:06:09] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] 6k
[21:06:36] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] We could escalate this if you want, you’re being way too agressive out of nowhere
[21:07:01] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] Haven’t been purposely ignoring you, didn’t even remember who did what until I saw your name on the region
[21:07:03] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] I don’t like you just forgetting about it and expecting that I do the same
[21:08:39] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] Real life takes priority over a video game for me, sorry we don’t share the same priorities
[21:08:58] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] Of course it does but it doesn’t mean our contract has gone void
[21:09:07] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] I offered you 1k for your time as clearly the job was not finished as accepted and you did not attempt to get ahold of me at the time
[21:09:37] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] I did a good job. I planned the area and did markings, asked you questions for more info and you didn’t reply
[21:10:25] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] Bullshit, it was a bunch of random squares of pumpkins plopped down with no concern for the landscape already there
[21:11:06] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] It had all the information ready, I could have explained easily what everything means. Even trees had been marked up
[21:11:32] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] I offered you the F1000, you can take that or we can escalate this to admins or whatever
[21:11:57] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [me → ViHQ] I will pull logs and do a report right now if you don’t pay the original sum
[21:12:05] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] this is years at this point, i’m not sure why you’re so damn pressed at me
[21:12:10] [Render thread/INFO]: [System] [CHAT] [ViHQ → me] Go ahead

And I went ahead.

-Ara

1 Like

Sounds like miscommunication. Also dont you have 4 mil?

1 Like

:skull:

2 Likes

Y’all really couldn’t resolve this in private?? Seems like you are just blowing up a good relationship with another player over 6k :joy:. Anyway I hope you guys can figure it out :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

This is resolved, lock plz