It’s been a while since we’ve had a player city market, hasn’t it? Since they’re usually quite popular, we’re going to do it again. If you remember last time, we got the wonderful people of DOME to design, build and host the entire thing, and they certainly delivered (technical glitches aside). Given their success, this winter market will be the same system.
A refresh of how it works:
- Any approved private city can apply. Note that it must be approved as of the date you apply. An application template can be found below, however feel free to make it freeform if you prefer (as long as it contains the required information).
- The application stage runs for 2 weeks. During this time, feel free to ask and answer questions of the cities participating.
- Applications will close and voting will take place for 1 week. During this time, you may continue to question applicants and may change your votes if you want. The vote will be done by approval voting (where you pick any you’d be happy with, not just your favourite).
- The winners will be contacted by me, and the build process can start.
What do I get for hosting?
You get the following benefits:
- Your city will have it’s own personal warp for the duration of the event.
- You get eternal bragging rights about how awesome your setup was.
- You can design mobs, rares, drinks and a slick quest to tie them all together.
you get the joy of working with our permanently broken setup
What will I need?
You will need the following before you apply:
- An approved private city.
- A rough idea of what mobs/rares/drinks/quests you’ll want.
- An approximate idea of where the market stalls and warps will go.
By the time the market opens, you’ll need:
- A good quantity of stalls, all of which are free to rent and at least one reserved for the government.
- Any quest or mob areas built, along with general area decoration.
- Warp area (note that although the warp needs to be next to the summer market, it doesn’t have to be fully inside, so you can have ‘warp’ plots behind the warp, for example)
- Anything else you can think of (pvp arena, bar with rentable ‘taps’ for other breweries to have drinks, possibly parkour/other minigames) fully built and operational.
It would also be helpful if you have at least passing knowledge of:
- Command blocks
- Denizen (although don’t stress too much about this, it’s very irritating to learn and we have multiple experts on hand)
How do I apply?
Simple! Write an application that includes the following information (the template is there to help, feel free to disregard it)
Where is the area you’re using?(co-ordinates and either clearly marked in-game, or map screenshot with boundaries on it)
Will you be needing custom mobs/items/drinks/command blocks etc.?
Do you have any ideas for what the quest will be? If so, care to tease any of them?
All applications must be submitted before 1st October. Note that this will be judged based on BST (5 hours ahead of EST), so get your applications in early if you’re unsure.
Any final tips/comments?
- Learning MythicMobs/vanilla command blocks is advised, so that you’re fully in control of what is being made. Having said that, don’t worry if you can’t or don’t have time to, as there are a lot of people who can help, both on the staff team and not.
- We can do quite a lot to help if you ask (up to and including hooking you up with a test server with full console access to said server), but please ask quickly.
- You’ll have about 6-7 weeks to design and build this stuff (excluding applications + voting) so you have the time to get it right, but you also can’t procrastinate too much.
- If you have any questions about the application process or think I missed something, let me know ASAP and I’ll do my best to answer. The best place to contact me is probably discord (InsertCheerios#9490).
Good luck, and a reminder that applications close 00:00AM 1st October BST (remember that 00:00 is the start of the day, not at the end).