[Official] Winter market 2021-2022

Hello everyone!

It’s been a while since we’ve had a player city market, hasn’t it? Since they’re usually quite popular, we’re going to do it again. If you remember last time, we got the wonderful people of DOME to design, build and host the entire thing, and they certainly delivered (technical glitches aside). Given their success, this winter market will be the same system.

A refresh of how it works:

1. Any approved private city can apply. Note that it must be approved as of the date you apply. An application template can be found below, however feel free to make it freeform if you prefer (as long as it contains the required information).
  2. The application stage runs for 2 weeks. During this time, feel free to ask and answer questions of the cities participating.
  3. Applications will close and voting will take place for 1 week. During this time, you may continue to question applicants and may change your votes if you want. The vote will be done by approval voting (where you pick any you’d be happy with, not just your favourite).
  4. The winners will be contacted by me, and the build process can start.

What do I get for hosting?
You get the following benefits:

• Your city will have it’s own personal warp for the duration of the event.
  • You get eternal bragging rights about how awesome your setup was.
  • You can design mobs, rares, drinks and a slick quest to tie them all together.
  • you get the joy of working with our permanently broken setup

What will I need?
You will need the following before you apply:

• An approved private city.
  • A rough idea of what mobs/rares/drinks/quests you’ll want.
  • An approximate idea of where the market stalls and warps will go.

By the time the market opens, you’ll need:

• A good quantity of stalls, all of which are free to rent and at least one reserved for the government.
  • Any quest or mob areas built, along with general area decoration.
  • Warp area (note that although the warp needs to be next to the summer market, it doesn’t have to be fully inside, so you can have ‘warp’ plots behind the warp, for example)
  • Anything else you can think of (pvp arena, bar with rentable ‘taps’ for other breweries to have drinks, possibly parkour/other minigames) fully built and operational.

It would also be helpful if you have at least passing knowledge of:

• Command blocks
  • MythicMobs
  • Denizen (although don’t stress too much about this, it’s very irritating to learn and we have multiple experts on hand)

How do I apply?
Simple! Write an application that includes the following information (the template is there to help, feel free to disregard it)
IGN:
Discord:
City applying:
Where is the area you’re using?(co-ordinates and either clearly marked in-game, or map screenshot with boundaries on it)
Will you be needing custom mobs/items/drinks/command blocks etc.?
Do you have any ideas for what the quest will be? If so, care to tease any of them?

All applications must be submitted before 1st October. Note that this will be judged based on BST (5 hours ahead of EST), so get your applications in early if you’re unsure.

Any final tips/comments?

• Learning MythicMobs/vanilla command blocks is advised, so that you’re fully in control of what is being made. Having said that, don’t worry if you can’t or don’t have time to, as there are a lot of people who can help, both on the staff team and not.
  • We can do quite a lot to help if you ask (up to and including hooking you up with a test server with full console access to said server), but please ask quickly.
  • You’ll have about 6-7 weeks to design and build this stuff (excluding applications + voting) so you have the time to get it right, but you also can’t procrastinate too much.
  • If you have any questions about the application process or think I missed something, let me know ASAP and I’ll do my best to answer. The best place to contact me is probably discord (InsertCheerios#9490).

Good luck, and a reminder that applications close 00:00AM 1st October BST (remember that 00:00 is the start of the day, not at the end).

5 Likes

I take like 25% credit for this

1 Like

It doesnt say where applications go? ;(

I’d imagine you’d submit your application on this forum post

1 Like

Here

As with every other forum application based thing ever.

1 Like

the sass was not appreciated

Bump!

1 Like

it was tho

Due to lack of applications (but multiple people expressing interest), the deadline has been extended 1 week: that is, you have until the end of 6th October (measured in BST) to apply.

Is there a limited amount of stalls needed? Can the stalls also be smaller buildings?

There’s no specific limit, just make sure you’ve got a good amount available.

The stalls can be more or less whatever you want, as long as they function as stalls.

sooooo…

i know yall got a lot on your shoulders atm, is it going to be extended due to the server being down?

Probably should be shouldn’t it:

I’ll extend the deadline to one week after the server is up, whenever that may be. If this means it becomes a new year market, so be it.

I wanna apply but I’m going away next week and I’ll be in Australia without a computer for the entire month to December which can’t be ideal

Any updates?

I withdraw my application.

IGN: NYCEmpire
Discord: NYCEmpire#0505
City applying: Argos Nation
Where is the area you’re using?(co-ordinates and either clearly marked in-game, or map screenshot with boundaries on it) The arena from the old summer market + the farmland + Little Venice. Can show ig although its clear from a server map (-917 710 → -735 1003)
Will you be needing custom mobs/items/drinks/command blocks etc.?. Yes. Will want to make egg nog drink, tomato juice, a vegetable tomato boss, a narwhal (was told to say this and apparently the mob is already made for it), and a winter themed skeleton boss.
Do you have any ideas for what the quest will be? If so, care to tease any of them?. The quest will involve a quest to retrieve a lost key from narwhals in the canals of Venice. The key will lead into the cave system under the market stalls that will have a boss of some kind that can be unlocked by selling the key to the chest. This boss will be some kind of armored skeleton that drops a cool sythe of some kind. There will be a secret boss in a separate cave system close by called the Tomato King who will drop a special farmers boots.
Speical Note Most of the stuff is already built meaning we wouldn’t need to have extensive issues with setting this up meaning it can be done on schedule. The construction will include finishing surrounding buildings, importing the mobs to their proper place in the existing cave systems, designing some rares and drinks, building some more Venetian buildings, and expanding the farm area which shouldn’t take more than a week or 2 given the proper help.

1 Like

To add on, the farm area would have jobs with crop harvesting. For example, mustard and tomato farms are set up where you can sell each tomato and mustard harvest for 1.5f per