Official Nether Reset Announcement

Thanks for all your replies,
On this specific point I was talking about overworld gold farm which can cause pigmen to travel back to nether. If the new tunnel system is all mob-spawn deny it will prevent mobs from crossing back to a different overworld portal. By the way, I guess will never solve traveling with pets and horses through portals given all the denying going on… rip

Actually, the tunnels don’t need mob-spawn deny, they’re above bedrock, I don’t think mobs spawn there, but even if some do, we can deny-spawn specific ones

u just had to be quirky and write tons like tonnes

1 Like

While mobs can’t spawn on bedrock, they can spawn above the bedrock layer. If you place a block down above the nether, a mob can spawn on it. iirc there are a bunch of mob farms designed exclusively for above bedrock.

Dunno why you’re getting so passive aggressive when somebody uses an alternative and correct but slightly less used spelling of a word. Tonnes of unwarranted shade right here.

True, we can easily deny-spawn specific mob types though

This is going to be an absolute pain in the ass. 6.5 years on this server and every update makes it more difficult to want to continue playing.

1 Like

Could you please explain what is wrong/what do you not like regrading the update? we wish to improve whatever we do to fit the community and its will as much as possible, but saying you don't like something isn’t really a suggestion/something we can improve on, while saying I don't like ____, I would like to suggest ___ Instead is something we can actually learn from and improve current/future plans.

I think players are just losing motivation on the server. Everything from having gov plots losing all their value because of the removal of warps to now having the nether restarted and losing any builds in the nether. It’s feels like… what the point? It will probably be changed in a couple months so why even bother.
-Meza

1 Like

That does make sense, but try looking at it from a “revive the server” point of view, its very important to make the server as fun and easy for new players to use, play on, and be part of.
And currently, do you think a new player would join and be excited to connect his city/base /job center to the wool mess in the old nether? or that a new player would hope to save up 500k to buy a government plot, since they have warps which makes all other city’s plots useless for stores (Yes, I know aramega exists, but its one single example, and def not something you can expect a new player to do), and government cities are really outdated and not appealing for new players who don’t know about the history, and just see really old looking buildings.
One of the biggest reasons we’re making these changes (and other ones, like reworking the item/mob system), is attempting to make the server the as fun and easy / simple as possible for newer players, while still keeping as much as possible from the history/things older players want (which is just as important, of-course).

And just fyi :p, we’re not “randomly” resetting the nether/removing warps, both of these were community-voted on.

2 Likes

But, the community opinion is ofc very important, and if you have any suggestions / ideas on how we could improve recent updates / ideas for other updates, do tell! we’re always open to ideas / suggestions, and if you’d like to help manage / updates things like that, you can check out the open government jobs topic, lots of ways to implement your own ideas yourself / anything else you’d like to do ofc :p.

1 Like

Remove SF and warps

:p.

roleplay jobs

We are 2 weeks away from the nether reset when can we expect the new channel on discord? Some update on the state of the preperation for the reset would be nice.

1 Like

I’ll create the channel this week. This is a general idea of what it will include

If there’s anything else you’re expecting I missed out i’d love to hear. Haven’t been able to be that back and forth with this topic due to inactivity from college. Break is coming up so i’ll be on much more.

2 Likes

has anyone thought about the possibility of running 2 nether worlds? one for government and city transport with a well layed out system like being done, and the other the existing nether which can be used for transportation, resource gathering and farming like present?
Its possible to create an option menu when you want to go to the nether or even different portals.

just a thought before we go about deleting everyones stuff…