As you may have noticed, I’ve not exactly been active. At all. This is mainly due to having other things on (such as a dissertation, turning 21 and an internship), however realistically I’ve also moved on. Therefore, it makes a lot of sense to resign as technician, since I’m not sure the in-game badge is relevant anymore and frankly, I shouldn’t be making server desicions anyway due to how little I play.
I’ll still be lurking, and I intend to remain contactable by admins if the actual backend server needs fixing (although I’m sure they have everything under control).
Naturally, I’ve accumulated a lot of people to thank over the years, while I can’t remember everyone I’ll try and give as many as possible in a very vague chronological order:
- Iuoae and PineyPiney, for getting me into this madness a stupid number of years ago (dec 2016, so 6 and a half now). If you’re reading this, it’s been a while, we should catch up irl sometime.
- Gold__, for my first “wb”.
- NCR, for utterly upstaging Plateau City by building Trongo right next to it.
- Somfic, for creating the absolute hell of Bank of Miners and accidentally starting the whole bank craze: the security of that site makes me deeply ashamed, but we learn.
- Whoever it was that let out that single chest at /warp c, starting my reign of vote key gambling (before anyone says anything, you could buy the old keys for F510 each and make a profit, I did the maths).
- MissileGamer, for placing 45 individual command blocks for a Salem minigame which was played like once because it was nearly impossible to run while preserving your sanity (that’s still around I think, not sure it works).
- SpartanPride, for giving me the absolute heart attack that is a mod promotion, along with everything else he did for events (especially HELL which were a tonne of fun, and he didn’t break everyone’s rares by dropping in a bunch of completely untested mobs, unlike some idiot who’s name rhymes with “eerios”).
- Doodle, for conceiving and mostly building the jetpack quest.
- Everyone on the events team for putting up with my repeated half-baked quest ideas. Sorry we never finished the HELL quest, I’m legitimately salty about that now I remember it.
- Richie, for being the acid test of “is a boss strong enough yet”: I’m happy to report they were.
- Anyone who got used as a floor wipe by my unconventional bosses, hope you learnt your lesson .
- Anyone who got jump-killed by those godawful mimics, I’m deeply sorry.
- Anyone who got one of the four multi-tools (alpha, beta, gamma, delta, if anyone remembers that)
- Ultra, for being the absolute MVP of the staff team recently for so many different reasons.
- Luc for sticking with me and bullying me into not resigning during the Magnus era, along with helping out with the recovery work both times that the shit absolutely hit the fan.
- All members of the staff team past, present and future, for doing such an utterly thankless job and making everyone happier in the process.
- Anyone reading this who honestly believes they made my life better, sorry I forgot about you.
Thanks for the amazing six and a half years everyone, and I wish everyone good fortune, both on server and with whatever else you choose to do!