As cities expand and grow, it is becoming an obvious fact that airports, in their current and planned future state, aren’t realistic or viable enough for future transport.
I believe, to provide an alternative to airports, train stations should be able to have the same availability of airports (with certain exceptions). So my proposal is this:
- Train Stations are allowed to be used to traverse between cities in the same manner as airports
- New cities with values of only F250,000 or above are permitted to have a connection with /warp a provided their train stations have certain special features such as 2 platforms and 2 railways, are considered a terminus, are of at least an F10,000 land value (same as airports), and can connect to other cities
- For every city connection they must have at least one extra platform and track (2 platforms and 2 tracks required for a /warp a connection)
- Fit in with the general surroundings
- They are considered to be “central” to a city, is located near the current airport or nether tunnel connection and near what is considered to be the most prominent district (to be determined by DOI or DOC staff)
- They must have a physical train track running at least 50 blocks outside the edge of the cities designated borders, being in a special region
- These connecting train tracks may continue for physical use
- They can have connections to subways
- The main train line must be dual track with realistic turns
- Largely be inside a tunnel, on the ground, or on realistically designed elevated tracks
Obviously, edits can be made to this, as it’s just a simple proposal.
EDIT: I also do know that a government train station will be built soon, and I think this would be a good additional feature for it.
Thank you for coming to my ted talk.