Active Players- What keeps you playing Hellominers?

I recently came on Hellominers, after like a few months of inactivity. Anyways, Im just curious, what keeps you still playing Hellominers. The server has changed so much in the past 2+ years I am completly obvlious to what the new goals in the server are now so im curious to know. Also congrats RDP on trial. Anyways yea.

Because in my real life I don’t succeed enough to be happy with myself, but if I succeed on a virtual world like HelloMiners I get the same emotional response.

tl;dr because rl is empty and crap

1 Like

antec house

A lot of it outside of staff resposibilities is just doing what I would do on singleplayer MC but in a community with others. Just like my own creativity and building stuff/making a city is keeping me somewhat active when I have the time. Like creating a city the plugins we have also help with that. I’ve always liked the city roleplay more than the economy roleplay aspect of the server even tho ive never had a city up until last year the city dynamic is awesome. About almost everyone wants to make their own city and inevitably that leads to a unintended city:player ratio of 1:1 even tho a realistic city on minecraft would be somewhere near 1:10. Having this kind of abandonded city reality kinda inspires me to make a city with some personality and a theme to it. A lot of the cities that are new today kind of have to be doing something different because the normal modern city format is kind of old to see. Sodom is like gothic european themed (i think thats the word for it) Bayview is really touristy, Alexandria is greek/roman/egyptian themed, HMSU is communist etc. I think a lot of the time we need to just step back and enjoy making what we like on this server and share it with others because that hasn’t changed since the server started. The server has changed a lot the past couple of years but i’ve tried to just keep playing traditionally at the end of the day.

Imma guess a lot of the active players have a bunch of projects they start and finish some and some go unfinished so they make more projects for themselves and the cycle repeats

2 Likes

also sry for the essay

Here is my reason for playing Hellominers since July of 2017
My family has moved alot over the past four years. I have been to three different high schools. Is hard to find friends that you get to know when your moving all the time. Hellominers have filled in that gap. I have great friends on this server that i have know for years such as MrMiner02,Alexisturnt,NarwhalsRCool, Dylad, OmineMC,Monrah and many many more. These people and the experiences this server creates is what keeps me playing. I also enjoy running companies IRL and in-game. I would like to see the server do some paid advertising and start sending cash into the economy.

3 Likes

Building highways and high speed railways

1 Like

Running a somewhat successful awards company

1 Like