It has been a pleasure to have founded and help grow the new Player Senate over the past three months.
As some of you may know the Player Senate is made up of city representatives, appointed by the owners of each city or by election. Additionally we have a number of independent senators as well that represent players not associated with a city.
Over the three months since its founding we have put forward some great ideas to improve the server on behalf of the players. Our focus has been to collectively show what we as players support to help provide constructive feedback for staff so change can be made for the better.
Some of the ideas/motions the senate has supported so far are as follows:
- Government Warps - Bringing back warps for government city airports to reduce steps to get to front rows via taxis.
- Gov City Plot Restrictions - Preventing oligopolies in government cities by restricting the number of city plots that can be bought up by the richest players.
- Senate Reform - Making sure senators can only represent 1 city per player giving other players the opportunity to put themselves forwards as reps.
- The War Act - Adding military bases to cities with PVP arenas with the opportunity for other cities to capture.
- Player Bank Accounts - Bringing back banks, adding accounts so players can save money without losing balance due to trades.
- Rent Notice Period - To update rules to give landlords the ability to serve notice, which will help owners looking to renovate buildings.
- Updating Gold/Gov Plot Rules - Making it clearer which plots are gold plots and what can be owned i.e. 1 gold plot and 1 non-gold plot per warp/subwarp.
- New Player Senate Area - We now have a floor in the Gov City HQ with an area to meet, offices, our senate lounge and archives.
Hopefully many of these changes that senators have put forward can be implemented and we look forward to working further with staff in the future to bring about more change and take forward your views.